Frequently Asked Questions
- WE ANSWER OUR PHONES PERSONALLY
- WE RESPOND QUICKLY AND ACCURATELY TO EVERY CLIENT REQUEST
- POSITIVE, UPBEAT, KNOWLEDGEABLE AND HELPFUL CLIENT MANAGERS
- WE DON’T SEND YOUR PERSONAL PRIVATE INFORMATION OVERSEAS
- FAST SERVICE
- HIGHEST “HIT” RATES IN THE INDUSTRY, WE DELIVER ONLY QUALITY RESULTS
- ENDLESS ATTENTION TO THE EVER CHANGING COMPLIANCE ENVIRONMENT
- WE MATCH OR BEAT YOUR CURRENT PRICING, SAVING YOU THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS
- PERSONAL AND HONEST SERVICE
Iprospectcheck (“Iprospectcheck”) is a consumer reporting agency. It is required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. §1681 et seq. (“FCRA”) to maintain the confidentiality of all consumer information. We are considered a “processor” under the General Data Privacy Regulation (“GDPR”) of the European Union and similar laws.
Iprospectcheck obtains information on an individual consumer only upon the request of a user who has a legal permissible purpose under the FCRA to request information on that consumer in order to provide consumer reports. The FCRA requires a user for employment purposes to certify to us that it has a permissible purpose for the report and has obtained the written consent of the consumer to request information before we can supply the requested information. The user must submit to reasonable audits by us to confirm that it is, in fact, obtaining such consents. All users must certify that they have a permissible purpose to request a report such as credit, insurance, and renting an apartment. Our customers agree to keep consumer information confidential and secure.
We do not maintain a database of consumer information. However, we do maintain historic copies of prior reports to establish prior and current compliance with federal and state privacy laws. An individual, when we have obtained information from the European Union, United Kingdom or Switzerland, may request that we delete all information that we have on them obtained from those countries. This request will be honored unless there is a legal requirement that we keep the information, e.g., California requires that we keep copies of all reports for two (2) years.
We do not send consumer information outside of the United States for any purpose other than to deliver a report to an end user. Of course, if information is sought from outside of the United States, the information is gathered in that country and then transmitted to us here in the United States where it is treated as any other confidential consumer information.
Any information gathered on any consumer may only be provided to the user authorized by the consumer or permitted by the FCRA or the GDPR or similar state law to receive the information. We cannot and do not share, sell or distribute consumer information with or to any third party other than the requesting party thereof. Any consumer, upon proper identification, has the right, under the FCRA or GDPR, to request us to furnish to the consumer any and all information we may have on that consumer. The consumer has the right to dispute the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in the consumer’s file. Such investigations under the FCRA are completed within thirty (30) days of receiving the dispute which has been reasonably identified.
The following information is gathered from the person the consumer has authorized to obtain a consumer report on them, which are “identifiers” which help us to correctly identify information as relating to the subject consumer such as: full name, former names, alias names, nicknames, addresses, email addresses, full date of birth, social security number, other government issued identification information and driver’s license number. In turn, we retrieve the following information: civil and criminal court records, bankruptcies, worker’s compensation, past and current addresses, employment, license and education verifications,
- There is an exception for employer investigations of suspected employee misconduct or for compliance with law or employer policies, e.g., sexual harassment investigations, but this exception will not apply to GDPR covered information or information from United Kingdom or Switzerland.
employment histories, tenant history, driving records (including personal identifying information) and credit. Not all reports have all this information. Each requestor will elect to receive information needed for their relationship with the consumer. Further, there may be federal, state or local law that prohibit the user from obtaining or using some information and we do not provide that when such limitations are known.
Email addresses are obtained to facilitate communication with the subject consumer in an efficient way. To protect the consumer, we do not share your email account.
We process information by either contacting the original source of the information, such as a court or government agency or through a third-party vendor. Those sources will be provided some or all of the identifiers we received from the requestor to be able to locate records or information on the subject. This information is communicated by encrypted email or fax to protect the information. These third parties may be outside of the United States, but no information on the consumer is maintained by these parties.
The information we collect is used solely to create “consumer reports” for the requestor. The requestor must have a use, reason, authorized by law to request the information. Each user is investigated to establish that it is a legitimate business and has the claimed permissible purpose. Generally, our reports are ordered for employment or tenant screening.
The information we collect is used solely to create reports. We do not disclose it to anyone other than the requestor and the subject consumer. On occasion, a report may be shared with those who are participating in the same transaction with the requester, e.g., subcontractor and general contractor, placement service and employer, etc.
The following third parties will have access to the information: the requestor, joint users and third parties from when we obtain the information. Information may be requested or subpoenaed by the government or private citizens engaged in civil litigation. Disclosures in civil actions are subject to protective orders issued by the court to protect the consumer’s information.
There is no release of information to others than the consumer except for those authorized by the consumer. The information is secured as noted below. If there is a breach of security involving your information, you will be promptly advised.
Rights Under the GDPR
In regard to information received from the European Union, United Kingdom and Switzerland you have the following rights:
- To know that we are processing your information. We are identified in any consent to a report being obtained.
- To receive the data we have on you in a readable format.
- To dispute and request correct information and be advised as to outcome of such a request. You may contact us at: 888-808-9997.
- To have your data removed or blocked unless we are legally required to keep it. You can contact us at: 888-808-9997.
- To revoke your prior consent. You can contact us at: 888-808-9997.
- To restrict processing of your information, if:
- you are disputing it;
- processing is unlawful;
- controller, our customer that received the report, no longer needs the data;
- you have contested the basis for the controller to have information
- you may consent to the specific processing;
- right to know if a redaction or processing is being lifted;
- right to complain to our privacy data protection officer at: 888-808-9997.However, we may be required, upon receipt of a court order to release the information in civil or criminal litigation, or as otherwise required by law, to disclose information, regarding a consumer to law enforcement or regulatory agencies.
However, we may be required, upon receipt of a court order to release the information in civil or criminal litigation, or as otherwise required by law, to disclose information, regarding a consumer to law enforcement or regulatory agencies.
Iprospectcheck maintains the following security measures among others to protect consumer information:
- Access to confidential consumer information is limited within and without our company to those who have a need to know the information: obtaining and transmitting information on the consumer or those dealing with a consumer request for information, providing information to us or consumer disputes.
- Access to our computer terminals, file cabinets, fax machines, trash bins, desktops, etc. are secure from unauthorized access.
- We maintain a secure network to safeguard consumer information from internal and external threat, e.g., firewall and antivirus protection.
- Any backup data is maintained in an encrypted form.
- Access by users over the internet requires a confidential user name and strong alpha/numeric password.
- Email transmission of personal identifying information is encrypted.
- We maintain records on each request for information and identify each user who requested information on a consumer.
- Our employees are prohibited from “browsing” files or databases without a business justification.
- Any non-employee on our premises is subject to approval for entry and is monitored.
- Employees are not allowed to order reports on themselves, family, friends or associates without approval of management.
- Destruction of consumer information follows the federal regulatory requirements that the information be unreadable upon disposal.
- We maintain an ongoing relationship with a technical security service to monitor and update our system as needed.
Restrictions on Use of Materials
Disclaimer of Liability
iprospectcheck shall not be held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the materials or information described and/or contained in this site and assumes no responsibility for user’s use of them. In no event shall iprospectcheck be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement or substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this site or materials and information herein, even if advised of the possibility of such damage. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury, including but not limited to those caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence or under any other cause of action.
Disclaimer of Warranties / Freedom from Computer Viruses /
Accuracy and Use of Information / Continuous Service
The materials in this site are provided “AS IS” and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. iprospectcheck disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
iprospectcheck does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials in this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free from viruses or other harmful components.
iprospectcheck does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials or information in this site, or the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability, or usefulness of any materials or information in this site. Changes may be periodically made to the content of materials or information in this site, and these changes may or may not be reflected in the materials or information as presented in the site. Additionally, due to the dynamic nature of the Internet, materials and information freely available one day may be restricted the next day, or undiscoverable due to changes in the organization of menus, homepages or files.
If you have obtained materials or information claimed to be from iprospectcheck, from a source other than iprospectcheck or this site, be aware that electronic data can be altered subsequent to its original distribution. Also, data and information can quickly become out-of-date. It is recommended that careful attention be paid to the contents of any metadata associated with a file, and that the originator of the data or information be contacted with any questions regarding appropriate use. If you find any errors or omissions in the materials or information in this site, we encourage you to report them to the webmaster.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference in this site to any specific commercial product, process or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise, does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation or favoring by iprospectcheck.
Disclaimer for Hypertext Links
iprospectcheck is not responsible for the contents of any off-site materials referenced. The user specifically acknowledges that iprospectcheck is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users, links or third parties, and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user.
Links from this site to other sites on the Web do not constitute an endorsement from iprospectcheck. These links are provided for informational purposes only. It is the responsibility to the user to evaluate the content and usefulness of materials or information obtained from other sites.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, user agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless,iprospectcheck or its directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the user’s use of this site or materials and information contained herein.
Choice of Law / Interpretation